πŸ—Ό Paris 🏠 Housing

πŸ€‘ How to Get a Grant to Pay Your Rent in France

You have just moved to a new place? Great! In this article, we will see how to get a grant to pay your rent.

πŸ€‘ How to Get a Grant

In France, there is a grant you can receive to help you pay your rent when you are young and you don’t earn too much money. It is called Aide personnalisΓ©e au logement (APL). The grant can be around 10% of the rent. This grant is managed by Caisse d’allocations familiales (CAF).

To check if you are eligible for this grant, you can make a simulation here.

If you are eligible, you can create an account on the CAF website and submit your application here.

πŸ’‘ The APL grant is paid for a full month even if you apply at the end of the month.

So, if you are at the end of the month, you should try to start your lease contract before the end of the month, and apply as soon as possible.

πŸ“‚ Which Documents to Apply

In order to subscribe to home insurance, you will need:

  • πŸͺͺ ID document (ID card, passport, residence permit)
  • πŸ₯ Carte Vitale: healthcare card
  • ✍️ Lease contract
  • 🏦 EU IBAN
  • 🧾 Last tax notice

πŸ›‘ If you don’t have an πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί EU IBAN, you won’t be able to subscribe to an energy contract.
To open a bank account in France, you can read this article:


Now, you know everything about getting a grant to help you pay your rent in France.

If you are moving into a new apartment, you can check the different articles to set all the things when you change apartment:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *